Friday, December 19, 2008

The Journey: Forty Days of Promise



The Journey:
Forty Days of Promise
Celebrating the Legacy of
African American Christianity

Thirty days from now you are invited to join me on a forty-day journey. I will be blogging, Lord willing, during the forty days from Martin Luther King Day on January 19, 2009, to the end of Black History Month on February 28, 2009. The title will be: The Journey: Forty Days of Promise--Celebrating the Legacy of African American Christianity. I know, technically, that is forty-one days. February 28 will be a day of reflection on the previous forty-day journey. I will highlight each day a stirring narrative from Black Church history. Then I will ponder application of this legacy to our lives today. Finally, I will include discussion questions so that you can individually, or in your family, or corporately in your church ponder the implications for your life and ministry.






No comments: