Saturday, January 31, 2009

Black History Month: Day One--We Report, You Decide

*Note: For The Journey, Day 13, see my earlier post today.


Black History Month: The History and Controversy

Day One: We Report, You Decide

As I speak around the country on Beyond the Suffering: Embracing the Legacy of African American Soul Care, as I speak on Heroes of Black Church History, and as I speak on A Christ-Centered TEAM Approach to Intercultural Ministry, I hear this question a lot.

“What do you think about Black History Month?”

The question comes from my African American friends, many of whom are split both ways: some thinking Black History Month is a net positive for African Americans and some thinking it is a net negative.

That question also comes from my non-African American friends, who are equally split, and for various reasons.

So . . . I’ll be blogging some on Black History Month: The History and Controversy.

But . . . for today . . .

What do you think? And why?

No comments: